FAN ART COMPETITION
Do you love to doodle? Want to win this Moleskine journal and set of Staedtler felt tip pens? This month we have a fan art competition lined up…
Here’s what you need to do to enter:
- Draw some new cover artwork for a Malorie Blackman book of your choice. It could look similar to the actual cover, or be something completely different – be as creative as you like!
- Snap a photo of your entry and send it to Ya@uk.penguingroup.com with the subject line ‘Malorie Blackman Fan Art’ to be in with a chance of winning.
The competition will be judged by a panel from the Penguin UK team and the winner will be chosen from a shortlist by Malorie’s editor.
You’ve got until midnight on 31st October to enter. Good luck!
Check out Malorie’s book jackets for some inspiration: http://www.malorieblackman.co.uk/index.php/category/books/
Terms and Conditions
- By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions of this competition.
- This competition is open to anyone who is a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland, except for employees of the Promoter, its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the competition. Parents or guardians must enter on behalf of all child entrants and are required to approve the entry and agree to these terms and conditions.
- To enter this competition you must draw cover artwork for a Malorie Blackman book of your choice. Only one entry per person is allowed and entries cannot have multiple authors. If one entrant submits more than one entry, only their first entry will be considered.
- Entries must not contain any unsuitable, obscene, offensive or defamatory material. Entries that do not adhere to these terms and conditions may be removed from the competition.
- Entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned so please remember to retain a copy. No feedback on an entry will be given.
- By entering this competition, each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third-party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person.
- Entry opens on 1st Oct 2016 and the closing date for the competition is midnight GMT 31st Oct 2016. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered. Responsibility will not be accepted for corrupted, illegible, incomplete, lost or damaged entries, whether due to system error or otherwise. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and will not be considered.
- All correctly completed entries will first be judged by the Promoter’s employees. The top 3 shortlisted entries will then be judged by Malorie Blackman’s editor. The winner will be the entry that in the opinion of the judge is the most creative and well drawn.
- There will be one winner. The prize will be a Moleskine journal and felt tip pens (as photographed). No cash alternative will be offered.
- Events may occur which render the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend any of the prizes with or without notice.
- The competition will be judged within 40 days of the closing date and the winner will be notified by email. The winner will have 14 working days to confirm acceptance of their prize otherwise the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate the prize to a reserve winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- The winner agrees to the Promoter’s use of their name, town of residence and photograph in relation to the Promoter’s publicity material.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- To obtain details of the winner please emailYa@uk.penguingroup.comand state the name of the competition in the subject heading four weeks after the closing date.
- The winner agrees to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- The Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in the Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in the Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of the Promoter.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the rights to amend these terms and conditions or cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary it its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter is: Penguin Random House Children’s, a division of Penguin Books Ltd, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.